Best Interior Air Purifiers
All interior plants filter the air, but some are better than others at ridding the air of harmful toxins. Listed below are the top air filtering interior plants for your home.
- Peace Lily - Removes Benzene, Formaldehyde,
Trichloroethylene, Xylene, Toluene, & Ammonia
- Dracaena Marginata - Removes Benzene, Formaldehyde, Trichloroethylene, Exylene, & Toluene
- Snake Plant - Removes Benzene, Formaldehyde, Trichloroethylene, Exylene, & Toluene
- English Ivy - Removes Benzene, Formaldehyde, Trichloroethylene, Exylene, & Toluene
- Anthurium - Removes Formaldehyde, Xylene, Toluene, & Ammonia
- Golden Pothos - Removes Benzene, Formaldehyde, Exylene, & Toluene
- Dracaena 'Janet Craig' - Removes Benzene, Formaldehyde, & Trichloroethylene
- Dracaena 'Warneckei' - Removes Benzene, Formaldehyde, & Trichloroethylene
- Rhapis excelsa - Removes Formaldehyde, Exylene, Toluene, & Ammonia
- Spider Plant - Removes Formaldehyde, Exylene & Toluene
- Boston Fern - Removes Formaldehyde, Xylene & Toluene
What Are These Chemicals Found In?
One of the most widely used chemicals in the United States. Used in the making of photographic chemicals, rubber, lubricants, dyes, adhesives, coatings, paint, detergents and pesticides. According to research half the national exposure to benzene comes from exposure to cigarette smoke.
Is released into the air by burning wood, kerosene, or natural gas. Is used also as a preservative in some foods and as an antibacterial ingredient in cosmetics, household antiseptics, medicines, dish washing liquids, fabric softeners, carpet cleaners, lacquers, and wood products.
Used in aerosol paint, lubricating oils, vinyl flooring, laundry aids, sealants and automotive chemicals
Used widely as a solvent in the leather, rubber, and printing industries.
Is used as a solvent and to make aviation gasoline, spray and wall paints, paint thiner, medicine, dyes, detergents, fingernail polish, spot removers, lacquers, adhesives, rubber, and antifreeze.
Primarily used to make fertilizer Also used to make manufacture synthetic fibers, textiles, pulp and paper, pesticides, smelling salts, cleaning products, rocket fuel, fuel cells, and some foods and beverages.