Trees And Shrubs
“He who plants a tree loves others besides himself.”
- English Proverb
Trees and Shrubs are the backbone of your garden. They are essential to the character and style of your home landscape. They add structure, height, shade, and texture to the landscape and are major contributors to adding oxygen to our atmosphere. Trees make life more pleasant. We feel serene, peaceful, restful and tranquil in a grove of trees. We are “at home” there.
Choosing the proper placement of these long-term plants is an important decision. We will work with you to put the right plants in the right places so that they maximize their effect at your home.
We make it easy for you to succeed! Our staff is always available to guide you in your choices. Take advantage of our free Quick Sketch Service that will get you going quickly on your landscaping projects. For the most favorable attention, call ahead for an appointment.
“If you are thinking a year ahead, sow a seed. If you are thinking ten years ahead, plant a tree”
- Chinese poet, 500 BC
Did You Know?
- One tree will absorb the carbon dioxide from four cars, every year.
- Shade trees can reduce utility bills for air conditioning by 15-50%.
- Healthy trees can add up to 15% to residential property values.
- In one year an average tree produces enough oxygen for a family of four, for one year.
- Patients recover more quickly when their room offers a view of trees.
Our Staff's Top 10 Trees and Shrubs
- Ivory Silk Lilac
- Tricolor Beech
- Limelight Hydrangea
- Paperbark Maple
- Weeping White Pine
- Rainbow’s End Alberta Spruce
- Itea Little Henry
- Maple Autumn Blaze
- Green Velvet Boxwood
- Daphne Carol Mackie