Wilson's Garden Center is proud to be a part of our community. We thank you for your support and for considering us as part of your fundraising event. Each year, we are asked to support hundreds of worthwhile charitable causes and events, and we make every effort to accommodate as many requests as possible.
Donation Request Submission Guidelines:
- All donation requests should be submitted at least three (3) weeks prior to the date of your event. Requests must be in writing and can be sent to our Wilson address or through email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A name of contact person, organization name, email address, phone number and reason for request must be included in the letter.
- Wilson's will consider requests from nonprofit organizations and their fundraising efforts in the local Newark area.
- Requests are filled at the discretion of Wilson's Garden Center.
- Organizations are limited to one (1) request per twelve month period.
- Donations will be given in the form of a Wilson's Garden Center gift card; valid on in-store merchandise. Unless we are donating plants. We do not make cash donations or purchase advertising space for events.
- Wilson's Garden Center is unable to donate to individuals, or to for-profit companies, including employee/volunteer appreciation days and holiday events.
Please remember that submitting a request does not guarantee a donation.
Due to the large volume of requests we receive, we are not able to reply to inquiries about the status of each request. If we wish to donate after receiving a request we will contact you.
If accepted, the donation will be available for pick up in store according to instructions in the email or phone call you receive.
We wish you the best for you and your cause!
Relay For Life
Wilson's has been part of the Relay for Life program for the last several years. Our team ’Homegrown & Healthy' has raised over $5,000 that has gone to cancer research. For more information checkout the Relay for Life website at
We have a special heart for the hungry in our community. Each year we sponsor different activities where we take collections of food and money to give to the Marne Food Pantry to help feed those in need.
Ladies Nite Out
Wilson's has hosted Ladies' Nite Out for the last seven years. More than two hundred ladies pack the garden center for a fun filled night of food, flowers, music, door prizes, fashion and more! Proceeds benefit Hospice of Central Ohio.
Salvation Army Toy Drive
This past Christmas Wilson's participated in the Salvation Toy Drive. Collecting toys for children in need.
Marne Church Volunteers
Each Spring volunteers from Marne Church help the store with directing traffic, rounding up carts, greeting and various other tasks. A donation is made to the church in exchange.