- Runs cash register and, if not on the cash register, assists in different store areas, depending on where the Retail Manager assigns them and what needs doing.
- Prior experience running a cash register and clerking helpful.
- Accurately ring up sales and carefully follow procedures. Wilson's is not like a supermarket where you stand behind a register all the time – we expect you to help out where needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be 16 (as of January 1, 2021) or older to work in Retail. Sorry, no exceptions.
- Honest, reliable, friendly, people person, willing and able to learn the job(s)
- Available to work the hours we schedule you. In May, we are open Sunday – Thursday: 8 am – 6 pm, Friday & Saturday: 8 am – 7 pm and need people willing to work within those hours. You must be willing to work weekends Mid-April through Mid-June. (No Exceptions)
- Reliable transportation and childcare (if applicable)
- Energetic and hardworking
- Able to work well with the public
- Ability to get along with others and work as a team member.
- Be willing to get dirty, work hard, bend, stoop, lean, lift, push and pull carts, tolerate heat and cold. Although it is physically demanding work, we try and make it as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
- We work in all weather conditions.
Thank you for considering Wilson’s as a possibility for employment.
Here are some helpful tips for those filling out an application.
- Only fill out an application if you are truly interested in a job at Wilson's.
- Make sure that the application is filled out completely and correctly. Sign and date it.
- Make sure that your voicemail on your cell phone is set up.
- Make sure that your phone number is not disconnected.
- If you do get an interview;
- Call if an emergency happens or you get another job offer and can not do the interview.
- If you plan on Ghosting (no show, no call), do not say yes to having an interview. We have other applicants that truly want a job here that we could use the interview for.
Top Asked Questions
1) When do you start interviewing?
Production: We will be conducting interviews for production at the end of February / beginning of March.
New employees will start throughout March.
Office: We will be conducting interviews for Office at the end of February / beginning of March.
New employees will start in March.
Retail Positions: We will not be doing interviews for retail until Mid-March into the beginning of April. If you are interested in a retail position and fill out an application early, please understand that we will not be setting up interviews until then.
New employees will start throughout End of March into April.
2) Are applications available to fill out online?
Applications can be printed off from the website or picked up at the store office. Please DO NOT fax, email, or Facebook an application back into the store. To protect your information, applications need to be physically turned into the Office by the person who is applying.
3) Am I able to take the application home with me?
Yes, you can take it home and bring it back to the store office.
4) Can I use a resume in place of the application?
You can bring a resume with you, but you will still need to fill out an application.
5) How old do you need to be to work here?
Must be 16 (as of January 1, 2021) or older to work here. Sorry, there are no exceptions. For Production and Office positions, you must be 18 and over (as of January 1, 2021).
6) Is this a year-round job?
Wilson’s is currently hiring for Seasonal spring positions (Estimate March - June). We bring new hires in throughout March and early April. We let the extra people go from the end of May through mid-June.
- Production workers usually work Monday – Friday 8 AM – 5 PM and some weekends.
- Salespeople need to be available on weekends and able to work until 7 PM in May. Let us know what hours you can work.
- Production workers will start the season earlier than retail, but retail continues through the season later.
- The best workers will be considered to stay on later through the season.
7) Do you hire for part-time and full-time hours?
We are looking for part-time (less than 40 hours) and full-time people (40 hrs) to fill the positions.
8) Will there be training?
Yes, if you are hired, we will train you for the job you are performing.
9) What time are you taking applications?
You can pick up an application during business hours at the store office. The Office is located at the back of the store through the brown doors. We are open Monday - Saturday: 8 am - 5 pm. We are closed on Sunday. If you want to fill out the application here at the store, please come before 4 pm.
10) Do I need to bring anything with me when I come to fill out an application?
Yes, please bring three references names (not related to you), phone numbers, addresses. Work history (if applicable), the company (ies) name, dates worked, address, phone number, and supervisor name.
11) Do I need to call back to see if I am going to be interviewed?
Please, once you fill out an application, DO NOT call the store asking if we have looked at the application. If we are interested, we will call you and set up an interview.
12) How much an hour do you pay?
$10.00 an hour for adults
$8.80 an hour for high school
We expect you to have reliable transportation and childcare arrangements so that we can depend on you to be here at your scheduled times. Many of the jobs involve a team effort and do not work out well if everyone is not in place at the beginning of their shift.