We are done taking applications for the 2020 Season!
Top Asked Questions
Please read the following before coming to get an application
Thank you for considering Wilson’s as a possibility for employment.
Take the time to fill out your application carefully and thoroughly. Please Note: When filling out the reference section use names of people that are not related to you. List those people who know your work habits and/or character. We are interested in knowing what kind of worker you are. The more complete the information you give on the application questions, the more likely we will call you for an interview. We may not talk to everyone who applies.
1) When do you start interviewing?
Production: We will be conducting interviews for production at the end of February / beginning of March.
Office: We will be conducting interviews for Office at the end of February - Mid-March.
Retail Positions: We will not be doing interviews for retail until Mid-March. If you are interested in a retail position and fill out an application in February, please understand that we will not be setting up interviews until then.
2) Are applications available to fill out online?
Applications can be printed off from the website or picked up at the store office. Please DO NOT fax, email, or Facebook an application back into the store. To protect your information, applications need to be physically turned into the Office by the person who is applying.
3) Am I able to take the application home with me?
Yes, you can take it home and bring it back to the store office.
4) Can I use a resume in place of the application?
You can bring a resume with you, but you will still need to fill out an application.
5) How old do you need to be to work here?
You need to be 16 (as of January 1, 2020) or older to work here. Sorry, there are no exceptions. Please list your birth date on the line where indicated on the application. For Production and Office positions you need to be 18 and over as of (as of January 1, 2020).
6) Is this a year-round job?
Wilson’s is currently hiring for Seasonal spring positions (Estimate March - June). We bring new hires in throughout March and early April. We let the extra people go at the end of May through mid-June.
- Production workers usually work Monday – Friday 8 AM – 5 PM and some weekends.
- Salespeople need to be available on weekends and able to work until 8 PM in May. Let us know what hours you can work. Production workers will start the season earlier than retail.
- Production workers will start the season earlier than retail, but retail continues through the season later.
- The best workers will be considered to stay on later through the season.
7) Do you hire for part-time and full-time hours?
We are looking for both part-time (less than 40 hours) and full-time people (40 hrs) to fill the positions.
8) Will there be training?
Yes, if you are hired, we will train you for the job you are performing.
9) What time are you taking applications?
You can pick up an application during business hours at the store office. The Office is located at the back of the store through the brown doors. We are open Monday - Saturday: 9 am - 5 pm. We are closed on Sunday. If you want to fill out the application here at the store, please come before 4 pm.
10) Do I need to bring anything with me when I come to fill out an application?
Yes, please bring three references (not related to you) their names, phone numbers, addresses. Work history (if applicable), the company (ies) name, dates worked, address, phone number, and supervisor name.
11) Do I need to call back to see if I am going to be interviewed?
Please, once you fill out an application, DO NOT call the store asking if we have looked at the application. If we are interested, we will call you and set up an interview.
12) How much an hour do you pay?
$10.00 an hour for adults
$8.70 an hour for high school
We expect you to have reliable transportation and childcare arrangements so that we can depend on you to be here at your scheduled times. Many of the jobs involve a team effort and do not work out well if everyone is not in place at the beginning of their shift.